. We stayed in a cabin about 30 minutes north of town. What should I pack for a road trip in the USA.? . The ultimate road trip planner to help you discover extraordinary places, book hotels, and share itineraries all from the map. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Fodor's may use your email address to send you relevant information on site updates, account changes, and offers. I highly recommend visiting this park! We’ve never been there, but the it’s just my style. Our Colorado + New Mexico Road Trip (During Covid-19) Jun 25. Just for the record we are a couple of in our mid fifties and enjoy some light hiking, and visiting your wonderful State and National Parks. Red rocks, sandy mountains, and sunny weather are my love language. 4 Places to Shoot in Great Sand Dunes National Park & PreserveIt’s hard to understand this park's scale. Colorado is a acknowledge of the Western united States encompassing most of the southern Rocky Mountains as without difficulty as the northeastern part of the Colorado Plateau and the western edge of the great Plains. Contact Us - This is our first time traveling in many months, and we’ll be staying at home now for a loooonnnnng time. Send a private message to happytrailstoyou, http://www.flickr.com/photos/mksfca/...7622984070940/, http://www.flickr.com/photos/mksfca/...th/4085893513/, Send a private message to historytraveler, Trip Planning - New Mexico/Colorado - 8-9 days, Help with Travel Itinerary for Southwest Colorado, Need advice about drive from Taos to Denver. Adventureland Letterboxd, New Construction Townhomes In Davenport, Fl, Nirgamakandam Meaning In Telugu, Amalie Oil Review, Veterans Day Movies For Students, Shakespeare Catch More Fish, Get Right With God Meaning, " /> . We stayed in a cabin about 30 minutes north of town. What should I pack for a road trip in the USA.? . The ultimate road trip planner to help you discover extraordinary places, book hotels, and share itineraries all from the map. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Fodor's may use your email address to send you relevant information on site updates, account changes, and offers. I highly recommend visiting this park! We’ve never been there, but the it’s just my style. Our Colorado + New Mexico Road Trip (During Covid-19) Jun 25. Just for the record we are a couple of in our mid fifties and enjoy some light hiking, and visiting your wonderful State and National Parks. Red rocks, sandy mountains, and sunny weather are my love language. 4 Places to Shoot in Great Sand Dunes National Park & PreserveIt’s hard to understand this park's scale. Colorado is a acknowledge of the Western united States encompassing most of the southern Rocky Mountains as without difficulty as the northeastern part of the Colorado Plateau and the western edge of the great Plains. Contact Us - This is our first time traveling in many months, and we’ll be staying at home now for a loooonnnnng time. Send a private message to happytrailstoyou, http://www.flickr.com/photos/mksfca/...7622984070940/, http://www.flickr.com/photos/mksfca/...th/4085893513/, Send a private message to historytraveler, Trip Planning - New Mexico/Colorado - 8-9 days, Help with Travel Itinerary for Southwest Colorado, Need advice about drive from Taos to Denver. Adventureland Letterboxd, New Construction Townhomes In Davenport, Fl, Nirgamakandam Meaning In Telugu, Amalie Oil Review, Veterans Day Movies For Students, Shakespeare Catch More Fish, Get Right With God Meaning, " /> . We stayed in a cabin about 30 minutes north of town. What should I pack for a road trip in the USA.? . The ultimate road trip planner to help you discover extraordinary places, book hotels, and share itineraries all from the map. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Fodor's may use your email address to send you relevant information on site updates, account changes, and offers. I highly recommend visiting this park! We’ve never been there, but the it’s just my style. Our Colorado + New Mexico Road Trip (During Covid-19) Jun 25. Just for the record we are a couple of in our mid fifties and enjoy some light hiking, and visiting your wonderful State and National Parks. Red rocks, sandy mountains, and sunny weather are my love language. 4 Places to Shoot in Great Sand Dunes National Park & PreserveIt’s hard to understand this park's scale. Colorado is a acknowledge of the Western united States encompassing most of the southern Rocky Mountains as without difficulty as the northeastern part of the Colorado Plateau and the western edge of the great Plains. Contact Us - This is our first time traveling in many months, and we’ll be staying at home now for a loooonnnnng time. Send a private message to happytrailstoyou, http://www.flickr.com/photos/mksfca/...7622984070940/, http://www.flickr.com/photos/mksfca/...th/4085893513/, Send a private message to historytraveler, Trip Planning - New Mexico/Colorado - 8-9 days, Help with Travel Itinerary for Southwest Colorado, Need advice about drive from Taos to Denver. Adventureland Letterboxd, New Construction Townhomes In Davenport, Fl, Nirgamakandam Meaning In Telugu, Amalie Oil Review, Veterans Day Movies For Students, Shakespeare Catch More Fish, Get Right With God Meaning, " />

colorado to new mexico road trip

//colorado to new mexico road trip

colorado to new mexico road trip

We wore masks on most trails and ALL the time in towns and public areas. We have 16 nights in all. Overall, for charm and that New Mexico feel, Santa Fe is a nicer town, though. My advice is to rethink and revise. We travelled from Austin –> Santa Fe, NM –> Pagosa Springs, CO –> Durango, CO –> Austin. Tori Peglar is Co-Brand and Content Director of National Park Trips. I am making all lodging reservations tonight so will be firming up our route and allowing more time with less attractions. Read more on our sister website at www.mygrandcanyonpark.com/road-trips/alamogordo-nm. United States - 7 day trip to Colorado and new Mexico - I would love some advice. Visiting Taos on the drive North, to Colorado Springs ... happy trails ... carracar. We are flying into Denver on May 29 and will depart June 6, renting a van for transportation. Does this itinerary seem well balanced? 182 miles, 3 ½ hours. Denver to the Great Sand Dunes National Park via I-25 S and US-160 W Scenic drives, stunning landscapes and strolls through a historic downtown await in Trinidad, Colo. 392 miles, 6 hours. Instead of the straight shot to NM, what better way to pass the miles than to see one of Colorado’s most treasured national parks? By covering just Carlsbad Caverns and Rocky Mountain NP you rack up over 1,500 miles, round trip from Denver plus going to attractions off the route. 48 Hours in Rocky Mountain National ParkOnly have 48 hours? impossible in one day. It looked beautiful online. I did two - one out of Durango and one out of Silverton - loved them both. Get an early start on the day and head up north on US-285 to Santa Fe, the capital of New Mexico. I want emails from Fodor's Travel with travel information and promotions. We stayed at 3 Airbnbs over 9 nights. Required fields are marked *, Adventurous Destination Albuquerque Couples’ Photos | Haylee & Jon », « South Congress Hotel + Chapel Dulcinea Elopement | Grace & Aram. We plan to make first stop Estes Park and spend two days at RMNP. New Mexico and Colorado National Parks Road Trip. I know it is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" type question but is there enough to do in Albuquerque for three days/four nights? The scenery, though more barren and desert-like at times, is still spectacular and definitely worth visiting on any Colorado road trip route. We would like to go to Taos, New Mexico, but also see a few places along the way we didn't have time to see during our first road trip last year (we went to Zion, Bryce, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon and Sedona). It's also got quite a bit of fascinating culture with plenty of picturesque adobe structures typical of New Mexico. Traveling through New Mexico is like exploring a foreign country where every turn gives you a different glimpse into a magnificent blend of cultures and food. Then head to Alamosa and Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve in the stunning San Luis Valley in Colorado. We stayed at an AirBnb in the mountains overlooking town. 10 Stops along the Turquoise Trail Drive the 62-mile Turquoise Trail National Scenic Byway and discover our top ten things to do in Santa Fe County along the way. On the way home, we drove 15 hours from Durango to Austin without stopping to avoid having to stay in an Airbnb or hotel. STORY TIME⛰ We just got back from our annual vacation, and I’m pumped to share the stories and photos from our trip… PLUS tips for traveling during Covid-19 Coronavirus. Then visit the Shrine to the Miners at the opposite end of town. Even though there's a shuttle system in operation, even the parking lots for the shuttle get full unless you get there early. Stopping into the art- and culture-saturated state capital is an obvious but important part of any New Mexico road trip. I would not stay in Boulder to do RMNP. We are aware how cool it will be, and I wondered if it's too cold to try rafting at Royal Gorge. All rights reserved. The Quality inn has always been affordable in Estes Park imo. The last trip I took to Denver, the rental car cost was more than the air fare for two from the east coast. Exit the Park at Estes Park, the East EntrancePerched at 7,200 feet and 90 miles away from Denver, Estes Park is a fantastic basecamp for exploring Rocky Mountain National Park’s eastern side. I agree that Carlsbad is going to be a really long detour from everything else you want to see. Colorado Springs. This post was updated January, 2017 Here is the general itinerary for a 13 day Southwest road trip (including approximate driving time starting and ending in Albuquerque, New Mexico). It’s our goal to visit every single one of them. Which route for Dallas to Phoenix area next week? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90464242', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');jeep tour would be rewarding. Check out the Big Room. I'd cut at least one of them. Tour this natural wonder, especially the ‘Big Cave’, ‘King’s Palace’ and the ‘Big Room’. On the way to Colorado, we stopped in Santa Fe for a few reasons. Fall colors peak around sept 25-30 in central Colorado mountains. Farther north, a string of charming towns near Santa Fe await you, as do the impressive ruins left behind by ancient people in Bandelier National Monument. From desert adventures to historic missions, here are our top four things to do. See multiple national parks in both Colorado and New Mexico. See the Grand Canyon and Great Sand Dunes in one unforgettable trip and end in Estes Park outside of Rocky Mountain National Park. Though I am less enamored with Santa Fe than many of this forum (I prefer Taos) spending time there is time well spent as you could visit Bandelier National Monument, drive the scenic High and Low roads and visit historic sites like Pecos National Historic Park. Mesa Verde’s Lost PeopleTurkeys, language and oral histories tell the story of the vanished people of Mesa Verde National Park, who, as it turns out, weren’t lost at all. Scenic drives, stunning landscapes and strolls through a historic downtown await in Trinidad, Colo. The ultimate New Mexico road trip consists of breakfast burritos, vintage Americana, stunning desert backdrops, a little hiking, and a little more relaxation. Take a hike, gaze from a fire tower or have dinner with a view. We are just in the initial planning stages. We have 16 nights in all. Get FREE email communications from Fodor's Travel, covering must-see travel destinations, expert trip planning advice, and travel inspiration to fuel your passion. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90461705', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');jeep tour. GyPSy Guide Audio Driving TourDownload the Rocky Mountain National Park tour app that’s like having a tour guide in your car. Find these photos in The Print Shop >. We stayed in a cabin about 30 minutes north of town. What should I pack for a road trip in the USA.? . The ultimate road trip planner to help you discover extraordinary places, book hotels, and share itineraries all from the map. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Fodor's may use your email address to send you relevant information on site updates, account changes, and offers. I highly recommend visiting this park! We’ve never been there, but the it’s just my style. Our Colorado + New Mexico Road Trip (During Covid-19) Jun 25. Just for the record we are a couple of in our mid fifties and enjoy some light hiking, and visiting your wonderful State and National Parks. Red rocks, sandy mountains, and sunny weather are my love language. 4 Places to Shoot in Great Sand Dunes National Park & PreserveIt’s hard to understand this park's scale. Colorado is a acknowledge of the Western united States encompassing most of the southern Rocky Mountains as without difficulty as the northeastern part of the Colorado Plateau and the western edge of the great Plains. Contact Us - This is our first time traveling in many months, and we’ll be staying at home now for a loooonnnnng time. Send a private message to happytrailstoyou, http://www.flickr.com/photos/mksfca/...7622984070940/, http://www.flickr.com/photos/mksfca/...th/4085893513/, Send a private message to historytraveler, Trip Planning - New Mexico/Colorado - 8-9 days, Help with Travel Itinerary for Southwest Colorado, Need advice about drive from Taos to Denver.

Adventureland Letterboxd, New Construction Townhomes In Davenport, Fl, Nirgamakandam Meaning In Telugu, Amalie Oil Review, Veterans Day Movies For Students, Shakespeare Catch More Fish, Get Right With God Meaning,

By |2020-10-30T15:50:29+00:00October 30th, 2020|Uncategorized|Comments Off on colorado to new mexico road trip

About the Author: